Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Tranny help

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Bustah, Mar 11, 2007.

1. Bustah

Bustah Registered Member

I know a manual shift valvebody makes it so you have to shift an automatic tranny. Can you shift at full throttle? Also I see auto/manual shift valvebody's whats the differance from a man shift valvebody

2. chris walker

chris walker Registered Member

you can shift full throatle but its hard on u-joints and the auto/manual bodies still retain auto fetures such as it shifts itself if you put it in drive but it also lets you shift when you want to and will keep the trans in the gears you choose

3. AFUFO

AFUFO 1/2 ton status

Auto/manual automatic transmission..
    Ok you have 4 gears
    Your selector says
    D 3 2 1
    D is 1-2-3-4, and when you select 3, its in 3, when you select 2, its in 2.. same as the manual valve body except for the automatic shifting in D, and the 3-1 pattern may be reversed so it actually functions as D-1-2-3, but im not sure.. I think i may be confusing the selector pattern reversal with a fully manual valve body.

4. Avery4jc

Avery4jc 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

no thats right...when they do a reverse pattern it is D-1-2-3-4

5. sandawgk5

sandawgk5 3/4 ton status

A full manual kit also does not care what position the throttle is in when you shift it will have full line pressure to all shifts regardless of engine RPMs so it is hard on drivetrain components regardless of how you drive. I also have not seen a kit for a 700 that will retain any automatic features.

As was stated earlier to have a PRN1234 shift pattern you need a reverse manual valve body.

Ira