Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Tranny is going AGAIN!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BLzr4x4ngkid, Jun 10, 2001.

1. BLzr4x4ngkid

BLzr4x4ngkid 1/2 ton status

This is crap. I just got a new TH350 put into my truck not 2 months ago and now it's whining, clicking, and grinding. Not to mention that the thing is dripping far too much fluid too! I can't continue to put up with this. I think what I'm going to do is simple. I'll get the axles on, the tranny fixed, Boggers, and sell the SOB. Not because I'm having problems with it, but because I want to find a '70-'75 Chevelle. We'll see what happens.

"Don't hit me with them negative waves so early in the morning." Odd Ball--Kelly's Hereos

2. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

dont sell it for a 70 to 75 chevelle. get a 65 or 69...

or put a th 400 in it. you will have lots less problems....

1974 Chevy Blazer Cheyanne. lots of plans for it....
    but it is on 33's now, with saggy old springs. i am in so cali if ya got any parts for me.

3. '73 K5

'73 K5 1/2 ton status

Had problems on the way home from the car show I take it??? That sucks. A TH400 would serve you better. I have a hookup on some cheap ones, so let me know if you want one.

'73 K5
    Chevy good...Ford bad

4. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Any WARRANTY on the install?????

Been down that road from 4X to 'hot rod' - notice I am back in 4X's.............lol.

<font color=blue>'79 ONE TON TPI K5 - See it at---&gt;<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.blazzinor.coloradok5.com>http://www.blazzinor.coloradok5.com</A>

5. Waxer

Waxer 1/2 ton status Author

you need to look at what you are doing or not doing to cause the tranny to fail like that. Are you running a auxillary cooler? Are you beating the crap out of it? Is this a decent shop who is doing the work? I had my th350 rebuilt a long while ago and it has given me 0 trouble. I beat the living crap out of it and it kept asking for more. I suspect inferior work and/or misadjustment. The th400 will last a little longer as its stronger but it will also take away more power as its less effecient. I went to a sm465/np205 setup so I no longer have to worry about slush box (auto trannies) problems..
    my 2 cents

Crawlin the rocks with my K5
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.rockreadyk5.com>http://www.rockreadyk5.com</A>

6. BLzr4x4ngkid

Yeah a '65-'69 is what I was thinking when I wrote the post. I seem to have my melon up my bunghole. I think that I just lost the edge. I love my truck, but it my be time to move on. Like I said, I'll see what happens. Maybe I want a '69 Camaro or a Buick, how about an Impala?! hahaha

"Don't hit me with them negative waves so early in the morning." Odd Ball--Kelly's Hereos

7. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Maybe this sounds crazy...how about you repair the tranny? [​IMG] Its a TH350 for criminy sakes...they're cheap. Sounds like a dumb reason to sell a truck!

Rene

<font color=green>Dyslexics of the world...UNTIE!</font color=green>

8. Mudstud

Mudstud 1/2 ton status

My brother in Lima, Ohio is planning on selling his 70 Chevelle. It's been restored on the interior and was blasted to the metal and painted white. It has a suped up 350, TH400 with a bunch of heavy duty stuff in it and 4.10 posi. The front suspension is set up for a big block. It'll toss you a little deeper into the seat when it hits second and third. Beautiful car. Oh yea, this is a Blazer forum. Sorry

Stuck is a state of mind!

Mudstud
    76K5 sb400/350/203parttime/3.73-D44/GM12 locked

9. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

Let's see..............Do a whole bunch of work on the truck, sell it for less than it's worth to you, and buy a car[​IMG]............Or take the tranny back to the place that initially repaired it and demand that they fix it(or if you did it yourself, do it RIGHT this time).

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm....................worst comes to worst, you're out another couple of hundred bucks.

Sounds like a hard decision to make!!!!!![​IMG]

<font color=red>PHOTO ALBUM-</font color=red> <A target="_blank" HREF=http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumList?u=1289798>http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumList?u=1289798</A>.......<font color=blue>TRUCK & HIKING PICS</font color=blue>

10. BLzr4x4ngkid

Here's the deal. I'm not worried about getting the tranny fixed. It's still under warranty. I'm not worried about how much I have spent and how much I won't get back. I love my truck, but I think that maybe this would be the best idea for now. Most likely I'll end up back in a Blazer.