Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

tranny issue

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by mudslinger6, Apr 27, 2005.

1. mudslinger6

mudslinger6 1/2 ton status

hi,i have a 700r4 and the problem is it has plent of fluid but i have to rev the **** out of the motor before the truck will move when its in any gear the shift linkage down shift cables and such are all set....could this be the torque converter???because when i do rev it high it loads up and jumps forward or reverse depending what im in it dosnt slowly move it jumps forward or backwards???ive had this problem in my bros camaro but it was only cause of low fluid and his wouldnt jump it would just slowly move...any help thanks shaun

2. savagek5diesel

savagek5diesel 1/2 ton status

my 700r4 had the same problem in december, i would only be able to get it into 1st and reverse, once the RPM's started going up it would just start slipping, ended up being a clogged transmission filter. there was a pretty good amount of metal shavings in the fluid. after i replaced it, it shifted like butter. but, like mine, if it does come out like red metalic paint, your gonna have to change the filter again after a few hundred miles. good luck.

3. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

Does it happen all the time? Or only until it warms up?

4. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

...then change the tranny not too far later.

does it do it all the time or only when cold or warm?