Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

tranny issues?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by MUD JUNKIE, Dec 12, 2002.

1. MUD JUNKIE

MUD JUNKIE 1/2 ton status

I just replaced my th350 on my 79' chevy pickup 2500 with one from my parts truck that I thought ran good.I know nothing about auto trannys(the insides) and the fluid still smells good not burnt,but while driving it takes forever to shift into the 3rd gear,and it makes a whining sound like a blender?? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif is this tranny f-ed also? /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

2. MUD JUNKIE

to the top
    /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

3. Blazerfun

Blazerfun Registered Member

Sounds like the pump may be going out. Try changing the screen/filter and see if that helps. Also if this was a recent swap, and you do not have an aftermarket cooler, you could have the cooler lines crossed and the tranny is overheating. There is a check valve in the radiator cooler that will not allow fluid to circulate if you have the lines backwards. Sounds like the pump is going though. Good luck. That tranny/Xfer case swap is no fun!

4. MUD JUNKIE

Im not a fan of tranny swaps,np205s arent light.so you think the lines are crossed? I did hook them up at night with little light /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif