Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Tranny Leak Probs.

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by BamBamblazer, Sep 2, 2003.

1. BamBamblazer

BamBamblazer 1/2 ton status

Ok so today as i back in the driveway i notice a solid stream coming from under the k5. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif So after a little troubleshooting i figure out that it only leaks when im in reverse /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif So i search some more and find the source of the leak:
    [​IMG]
    This is a pic i robbed from ebay for display, but the red circle shows the location of the leak. It seems to be a pin hole in the case. But why would it only leak in reverse? What would you do to fix it? new case? weld it? jb weld? Any suggestions would be great. /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

2. Don

Don 1/2 ton status

Case has a pinhole, or is cracked. J.B. weld is just a patch, it will never fix it. The reverse/low clutch pack piston sit's in there where the leak is, welding will warp the machined surface. A good used case is the answer. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

3. JeremyK5

JeremyK5 1/2 ton status Premium Member

If you end up needing a new case, I have the th350 I recently pulled out of my blazer, I'm asking $100. It was shifting great when I pulled it, but it needs a rebuild, it would slip under very heavy load, and it has about 100,000 miles on it. I think it would just need a basic rebuilt with new clutches. I pulled it because I got a great deal on a recently rebuilt transmission, and I finally got around to swapping the newer one in.