Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

tranny leak

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by nerraw117, Mar 28, 2005.

1. nerraw117

nerraw117 1/2 ton status

i am pretty sure i have a leake where the kickdown cable enters the transmission. my questions is (i searched) does anyone have a pic of a th-350 where the kickdown cable enters the tranny? i looked under there but didnt know what it looked like thx :grin:

2. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

just fallow the cable down, its on the right side by the fill tube. 1 bolt holds it in. and its a oring. but the bad is you might need to drop the pan to get the kick rod off the cable. its been so long i cant remember correctly. easy tho.

3. nerraw117

nerraw117 1/2 ton status

the passenger side? does it have a rubber end?

4. nerraw117

nerraw117 1/2 ton status

5. paulmoon

paulmoon 1/2 ton status

Changing the cable is easy. Did it last week. Once you remove the bolt, you can pull the cable out a little and the end of the cable is a little metal piece with a small hole in it. the part that comes out of the trans is just an "s" piece of wire that sticks out of the trans. It won't fall inside. Once you remove the bolt it's pretty clear how it works. It's just hard seeing up in there! No pics though. Sorry. Good luck. :D