Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Tranny leak

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Jaden, Mar 12, 2002.

1. Jaden

Jaden Registered Member

leaking fluid out of my th350 dipstick at the base where it goes in the tranny. Have taken it out and the O-ring looks fine... tried a larger one wont slide in then, as far as I know the o-ring on it is stock size... any ideas?

2. SAVAGE1

SAVAGE1 1/2 ton status

I just solved this problem yesterday with my 700r4. Hopefully its the same problem. I replaced my gasket (looks more like a rubber grommet) and it still leaked a lot. I couldn't figure it out until I looked closer. The fluid cooler lines are right above the dipstick hole and my lower fitting was the leaky bastard. A half turn with the wrench solved it. Hopefully this helps. If not, try to use the 700r4 rubber grommet. It seems like it would seal better than an O ring.

3. bigmack

bigmack 1/2 ton status

I had one that was leaking like crazy, I thought it was the dipstick tube as well but it turned out to be where the kick down cable goes into the tranny which is beside the dipstick tube.

4. TrcksR4ME

TrcksR4ME 1/2 ton status

hmm, mine leaks too, have not determined the problem but was thinking maybe the dipstick, Ill check those other areas as well and see. maybe i will finally find the problem /forums/images/icons/smile.gif