Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Tranny lines

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Emmettology 101, Sep 6, 2005.

1. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

On a 700r4. There are two lines coming out of the passenger side running to the radiator cooler. I am assuming that the top is the feed line and bottom is return. How pressurized are these lines? Can you run barbed fitting and hose clamps?

Have to replace the lower line and want to run an aftermarket cooler. Will probably leave the top line alone and then run the bottom line out of the rad and into the cooler, then back to the tranny.

Just wanted to sse if barbed lines are fine with either or both of these lines?

Thanks! And sorry for the newbie-ish question! :thumb:

2. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

Upper - Return/in
    Lower - Cooler feed/out

And I think it's the same on the radiator too. I'm not sure on the barbed fittings, someone else will have to chime in.

3. rocknutah

rocknutah Registered Member

Trans Lines

The add on in-line aftermarket kits are usually barb and clamp.

4. Scooter

Scooter 1/2 ton status

on mine,at the radiator, the bottom line was the feed from the tranny and the top line was the return. When I installed my aftermarket tranny cooler I left the stock lower line alone then ran from the top of the factory cooler to bottom of the aftermarket cooler then from the top of the aftermarket cooler back to the tranny.

the aftermarket cooler came with barbed fittings and hose clamps. I have never once had a leak after installing the cooler.

does that make sense or is it just terribly confusing? :confused:

5. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

Sounds good guys, thanks! Now that I think of it, my cooler does have clamp and barbed lines..

Hmmm. So I had it backwards on the in and out... DOH... I hate to mess with the top line, but looks like I have too.. :doah:

6. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

Yep, every truck that I've installed a trans cooler on was setup from the factory so that the hot oil goes in at the bottom and cooled oil comes out at the top.

7. perp

perp 1/2 ton status

don't use fuel line, it will bust after a week or so. High pressure tranny cooler hose and barb ends work fine