Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

tranny linkage

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by ducati-cooter, Feb 24, 2002.

1. ducati-cooter

ducati-cooter Registered Member

wondering what would have got bent as far as tranny linkage when raising the body for the replacment of the body bushings. I am having some problems with getting into the correct gear and it won't lock into park properly since i did this

2. BILLY RAY

BILLY RAY 1/2 ton status

FIRST I NEED TO ASK YOU A ? HOW MUCH LIFT AND DID YOU INSTALL AN EXT. ON THE SHIFTER ROD?
    IF YOU DID A MILD LIFT YOU CAN JUST ADJ. THE SHIFTER ROD ON THE SIDE OF THE TRANS. THEN AGAIN YOU MAY ONLY NEED TO ADJ. THE SHIFTER IND. STRING UNDER THE STEERING WHEEL

I'AM NOT YELLING I JUST HATE THAT DAMM SHIFT BUTTON

3. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

Check down by the trans where the rods connect there should be a bolt there that you can loosen and slide on the rod for adjustment. It might just need adjusted since the sag is gone from the worn mounts.

See <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/Waynes-Toy>Project Mighty Mouse</a> here.
    <font color=blue>Wayne<font color=blue>
    <font color=blue>Happy Trails<font color=blue>

4. BigTex

BigTex 1/2 ton status

Just look at where the tranny linkage rod attaches to the tranny. That is where the adjustment is. Loosen the bolt and then re-tighten after the rod slides up a little. If it was bent anywhere, it would have to be up at the top where it attaches at the column. Hope this makes sense. If not, let me know and I'll try to elaborate.

<font color=red>"PROCRASTINATE NOW!!!"</font color=red>

<a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/BigTex-Mean-Machine>http://coloradok5.com/gallery/BigTex-Mean-Machine</a>

5. ducati-cooter

ducati-cooter Registered Member

I just put new body bushings in without a lift but I lifted the body off the frame a great deal

6. Greenblazer-AZ

Greenblazer-AZ 1/2 ton status

If I understand you correctly, you forgot to unhook the linkage before you jacked up the body to change the bushings. I did the same thing and I still need to figure out what to do to fix it. I did the one inch body lift at the same time. For me park is reverse and I have to use the parking brake all the time. Maybe someone has fixed this problem and knows how to explain how to fix it to us. Detailed description of the parts in question would help.

If you knew the truth, you too would be against marijuana prohibition!
    Blue '74Blazer Topless W/ 35 BFG Muds1" Body Lift W/ Energy Susp. Bushings