Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

tranny mount question. need help asap

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by James, Aug 29, 2000.

1. James

James 1/2 ton status

Hey guys,
    I have a th350 with an np203. My question is:
    after I took off the adapter from the crossmember support. I then took off the rubber mounts which consists of 2 pieces. the top and bottom. I should say 2 pieces per bolt(2 bolts). Anyways on one bolt after taking it out with both rubber mounts. There was a metal sleeve about 2inches long that goes in between the the rubber mounts and thru the crossmember frame. then the bolt goes thru the metal sleeve. Well the other side did not have this sleeve. My question is: Does this sleeve belong there or not. The haynes guide does not show this part when disassembling. Please help
    Peace
    James

2. blazer72

blazer72 1/2 ton status

Yes it should be there it keeps the blot from being to tite. If you replace the mount the new should come with the missing part.

I understand the jeep thing I drive a BLAZER!!

Ken

3. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

you need the sleeve. I just replaced my mounts and they both had sleeves. I reused the originals but you'll need to buy another one.

Bryan

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Durant, Ok
    '79 Blazer in progress

4. James

James 1/2 ton status

What a joke. The dealership was only place in town with the new rubber mounts(old ones weathered and cracked). New sleeves did not come with and dealership had none. I guess a can make one from pipe?

5. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

I got my mounts at NAPA and the sleeves were optional. But yeah I don't think they'd be hard to make out of pipe or something. I think they need to fit the bolts pretty tight though. Good luck.

B

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Durant, Ok
    '79 Blazer in progress