Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Tranny opinions

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Jeromy Gibson, May 2, 2005.

1. Jeromy Gibson

Jeromy Gibson 1/2 ton status

I have been having trouble for months with my 465 and recently some other options came along and I want some advice on the best road to go down. Now I have 1 tons, with 4.10 and 37s. My future goal it it have 42s with 7.17s. So what has come up in the last week or two was a TH400 and 203 combo.......double waiting to happen. A 700r4 with a 208....overdrive might be nice with 7.17s. Or just keep trying to find parts to do a Hydrolic conversion on my 465, 205 combo. Any advice is helpfull....I need to make up my mind fast, but there has been alot going on in my life and I can no longer think straight.

2. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

Don't waste the time on a 700R4/208 with tires that big and hard wheeling in mind.

The TH400/203 is the setup you need for a doubler. If you want to go with a doubler and an auto tranny then jump on it. Th400's are strong as hell especially if you have them built up.

The SM465 is very strong to and there are doubler options for it also. If you are just having linkage troubles then maybe converting to Hydro clutch would solve your problems.

It basically comes down to whether you want to run an auto or a manual. If you want an auto then get the TH400 if you want the manual then convert to hydro clutch.

Harley