Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Tranny or clutch problems in my 6.5L

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by ironnut, Sep 15, 2004.

1. ironnut

ironnut Registered Member

I have a 98' 6.5L 3/4ton w/ the manual NV4500 transmision. Im having problems all the sudden with getting it in gear. Sometimes ill pull up to a stoplight, put in in Neutral, then try to shift into gear and I have to pull really hard to get into a gear. And its all the gears that It wont let me get into. And going into reverse it always grinds, or its hard to get it into as well. But other times it shifts normally. Im thinking this might be a sign the clutch isn't completely disengaging or maybe something worse. Any help??

2. jac6695

jac6695 1/2 ton status

Clutch slave cylinder or master cylinder bad? Only thing I can think of that would cause clutch to not completely disengage.

3. Pookster

Pookster 1/2 ton status

hows the pedal feel? Mine was good- Until I lost all my fluids- I'd check the master/slave/o-rings for leaks. Even replacing the master/slave/o rings shouldnt be more than 80 bucks if you do it yourself.

4. ironnut

ironnut Registered Member

The pedal feels good, i havnt noticed any leaks but ill have to check more closely. I noticed that if i cannot get it in a gear i'll let out the clutch then push it in hard and then i can get it in a gear. So It must have something to do with the clutch.

5. Pookster

Pookster 1/2 ton status

Had the same issue for a while- And then off a sudden, bam, the O ring blew out. not fun.