Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Tranny problem

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 73_BLAZER, Dec 31, 2001.

1. 73_BLAZER

73_BLAZER Registered Member

When I got my 73 blazer all forward gears were slipping very badly, but reverse was fine. I put in a used tranny about 3 months ago, every thing was good, untill 2 days ago. I lost reverse gear, no slipping this time,it feels like putting it in nutral. A couple of times when I tried reverse some thing would just clunk, I can't tell if it is the transmission or transfer case. Any thoughts will be gladly accepted. Wille

2. primerk5

primerk5 1/2 ton status

i was just about to put up the same post i lost my reverse too and cant figure out why some people tell me it might be in the modulator but if any one knows for sure it would help

PRIMERK5

3. Gold Rush

Gold Rush 1/2 ton status

guys it's time to rebuild them. Doesn't matter what's exactly wrong with them. Just rebuild them and be on your way. I have about $160 and about 10 hours into rebuilding mine myself. Walk out price here is $550+.

David

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.extremeblazer.com>ExtremeBlazer</a>

4. 73_BLAZER

73_BLAZER Registered Member

Hi Primerk5 Did you lose it in one day as I did? A couple of times when I put it in reverse it tried to go but spun the back wheels, went to neutral then back to reverse and nothing it was in hi not hi loc. There is so much snow now that I can't go down the alley to get into the garage. Let me know if you find out anything!! Wille

5. primerk5

primerk5 1/2 ton status

i did lose mine in one day also i was taking photos of it and i went to put it in reverse and it wouldnt move i had to push it down the hill so i could get around im runnin 42's though i dont know my friends say my best bet is a rebuild and that sucks ive already had the tranny out twice already and i have had the truck on the road and running for about 3-4 months tell me if u find anything

PRIMERK5