Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

tranny problem

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by JerseyBlazer, May 27, 2002.

1. JerseyBlazer

JerseyBlazer Registered Member

took my k5 out today and found that it aint shifting properly. it shifts fine if i accellerate at over 1/4 throttle, but it gets stuck in gear at low throttle then shifts very hard, it does this in every gear, but it kicks down fine when i step on it. i checked the cable and the fluid and it all seems good. any ideas? its a 90 blazer with a 700r4.

2. 88jimmyoungowner

88jimmyoungowner 1/2 ton status

i had the same problem. it was right after it was re-built. i took it back to the transmission shop and they fixed it. so maybe you could let a place look at it, and i think they said it was the cable of somesort. sorry about the lack of info, but hope it helps a little.

3. tagurit

tagurit Registered Member

I've been told that on my th350, back rear right, there is a hose that can be pulled off a gold round thing (forgot name) and there is a screw in the hole of the gold round thing that adjusts the shifts. Too much and it won't shift at all so beware.

after rebuild my tranny shifts rough if I get on it and that's what the guy said I could do.

Take anything I say with a grain of salt.