Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

tranny problems Help !!!!!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by alabama4x4, May 4, 2005.

1. alabama4x4

alabama4x4 Newbie

i have an 1988 k5 that has been converted to a carb engine. trucks runs fine but the tranny has problems. it will shift in 1 and 2 but when it goes into 3 it revs high and will not pull . its a 700r4 and i have no clue about it i checked the governor (fine) is the tranny dead or is there something i can do for a quick fix. if not i need one for a decent price and close to me Huntsville Alabama. PLEASE HELP !!!!!!!!! i have yahoo messenger my screename is midnightcustom @ yahoo.com

2. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

when 700s show big problems thay are dead. sorry but thats about it. thay work or dont . i hate them and now run a bigger 4l80-e setup from 1 ton with stand alone computer setup.

3. alabama4x4

alabama4x4 Newbie

thats what i figured, will a turbo 350 bolt directley up to my transfercase without any problems. ?????

4. sweetk30

easy swap. need the spacer kit and longer bolts to hold the tranny to the tcase adaptor. then need a short shaft tranny from a 2x4 unit and cut just a bit off the tail shaft. and it will go in no problems. and need kickdown setup for 350 and vacume line for modulator. and all crossmembers and drive shafts will be the same. any tranny shop or ask around will have the spacer kit.

5. alabama4x4

alabama4x4 Newbie

thats the most info ive gotten out of anyone, thank you so much how much do i need to cut off the shaft ?

6. sweetk30

just measure the length of the 700 stick out and make the 350 the same but with the spacer on the case to make up the differance. it has been a long time and i forgot.

7. alabama4x4

alabama4x4 Newbie

thanks ill do that , your help is greatly appreciated.