Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

tranny problems

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by madman, Apr 2, 2006.

1. madman

madman Registered Member

I have a 81 K5 blazer with a TH350 tranny.Running 4inch lift with 35's It runs good in first and second but when it shift to third(drive) it boggs down. It goes gutless. I can floor it and kick it in to passing gear and it runs fine but then shift to third and gutless again. It runs about 2000RPM at about 60-65 normally now when it hits third it turns 1500-1700RPM. Is this what happens when it starts slipping. Not much experience with autos. I have friends that had trannys slip and they always reved up high RPMs to even move. Whats going on with mine. Can some one shed som light on this. Thanks

2. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

You know, it might help people if you didn't type that in WHITE

3. madman

madman Registered Member

lets try this again

Not really sure how I typed in white but lets try this again.

I have a 81 K5 with a TH350 running 35's. It runs good in first and second but when it shifts to third(drive) it goes guttless. Ican floor it and kick it int passing gear and it takes off fine but then shifts back to drive it goes guttless again. It normally runs around 2000 RPM at 60-65 now when shifts to drive it drops to 1500-1700 RPM. Is this what happens when it starts slipping. Not much experience with autos. All my friends that have had autos slip say they always revved up alot before the even moved. Is the tranny slipping. I hope you can shed some light on this for me I am stumped.

4. AllamericanK5

AllamericanK5 1/2 ton status

well it dosnt sound like the trani is sliping it would rev up and move very well it sounds to me you have really high gears in your axles. I have a 84 and when i frist got it, it had a 305 and 2.73s ohhh what a pig. From what you have said thats what it sounds like to me

5. madman

madman Registered Member

Thanks for the reply. I 'm not sure what gears I have but it diddnt run like this before. It would shift into drive and it still ran strong . Maybe it is just me. Thanks again