Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Tranny q's,/4x4 service light, mom's suburban! Help!

Discussion in 'Other Rides' started by supersize75, Jun 13, 2003.

1. supersize75

supersize75 1/2 ton status

Tranny q\'s,/4x4 service light, mom\'s suburban! Help!

A few days ago I was trampin around in our 99' 2500 Suburban, any ways to make a long story short I got stuck and there is a chance the tranny got wet the sub had its rear dunked in water and the engin up and dry. I did flush the tranny just incase water got in there though. And almoast 400.00 later a lost hi lift jack, six broken straps and a phone dead in water while a poor toyota "stock w 4 cyl" tryed to get me out /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif A tow truck freed me after I dug a "boat ramp"

Then today the "service 4x4" light comes on, I am hopping the sensor didn't go out, maby I popped a fuse, I really don't know.

I am just wondering if you have any know how, or advice for me.

Any help or advice would be greatly appritiated.

2. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

Re: Tranny q\'s,/4x4 service light, mom\'s suburban! Help!

first you should post this in the suburban forum and second run a self test on it and see what codes it comes up with

3. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

Re: Tranny q\'s,/4x4 service light, mom\'s suburban! Help!

His Sub has OBD 2. You cant do a self test without a scanner.
    The service 4x4 light is prolly just a coinicedence. They usually come on after a set milage telling you to get the fluids changed/lubed. Check the owners manual there should be a segment in there about it and how to turn it off.
    My 99 Chev has a change oil light that comes on every 5K miles. You have to turn on the key and pump the accelrator 3 times to turn it off.