Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Tranny q's/4x4 service light, mom's suburban! Help!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by supersize75, Jun 13, 2003.

1. supersize75

supersize75 1/2 ton status

Tranny q\'s/4x4 service light, mom\'s suburban! Help!

A few days ago I was trampin around in our 99' 2500 Suburban, any ways to make a long story short I got stuck and there is a chance the tranny got wet the sub had its rear dunked in water and the engin up and dry. I did flush the tranny just incase water got in there though. And almoast 400.00 later a lost hi lift jack, six broken straps and a phone dead in water while a poor toyota "stock w 4 cyl" tryed to get me out A tow truck freed me after I dug a "boat ramp"

Then today the "service 4x4" light comes on, I am hopping the sensor didn't go out, mabey I popped a fuse, I really don't know.

I am just wondering if you have any know how, or advice for me.

Any help or advice would be greatly appritiated.

2. mosesburb

mosesburb For Rent Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Re: Tranny q\'s/4x4 service light, mom\'s suburban! Help!

"Service 4X4" light would make me wonder if you got some water into the t/case or t/case switches (push-button t/case I assume). Might be somewhere to start.
    Good luck,
    Nick
    PS: Leave Mom's truck at home and wheel your own junk!! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif