Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Tranny question?

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by RingMaster4x4, Jan 10, 2002.

1. RingMaster4x4

RingMaster4x4 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I have TH 350 that I had rebuilt about 5 months ago. Well tranny work good until last week. I had done some on site work for some customers. Any way it work like normal I went to the office and the truck sat the for 4 hours. Then I left and when the tranny went to shift in to 3rd it felt like someone was steping on the brake pedal. When truck slowed down enough the tranny would down shift and go. When it got ready to shift it did it again. I checked the fluid and it was full. So I manually down shifted and drove home. I changed the fluid and there were some shavings in it. This was the first time I had changed the fluid since the rebuilt. Now the tranny works ok but when creeping the tranny will not shift in to 3rd until 2500 rpms. Were it usually shifted at 1500 to 2000. What do yall think? Thanks for reading the post.

If you build it, the mud will fly!
    72 K5 blazer with a 427 tall deck and TH350/NP205 and 9"of lift with 40"tires.