Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

tranny question

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Robbyj56, May 17, 2002.

1. Robbyj56

Robbyj56 Registered Member

ive got the original 1983 tranny... I havnt looked into which model. until today the tranny has been working flawlessly. we just spent hella cash on a new motor. yesterday was my first day driving it since i got it back, the tranny was fine all yesterday and the majority of today, but on the way home it was stuck in what i think is first gear... and after experimenting, it would shift to what i think is 2nd at around 44 mph. i took it up to 70, going downhill, and it would not shift another gear. I am short on money as it is, since i just spent thousands on the truck, this is scaring me. i had also been testing out 4 wheel Lo right before it happened, not any serious offroad, just a small patch of grass near my house, i didnt put the truck under any stress. if yall have any other idea what might be causing it please reply!

2. 95 Silverado

95 Silverado 1/2 ton status

if you have A 700r4 overdrive transmission, check the throttle valve cable that hooks up to the throttle at the carburetor. it's adjustment controls the shifting of the transmission. if it came loose or out of adjustment it will cause shifting problems and can damage the transmission if not corrected.