Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

tranny rebuilt, first fluid change?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 90K5, Nov 12, 2001.

1. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

I got my tranny rebuilt a few months ago, are you supposed to change the fluid and filter sooner than 12K after a rebuild? Like on an engine? Mine's got about 4K on it...

90K5

2. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Believe it is in the newest 4wheeler, I read the 700 rebuild article last night, can't remember for sure, but thought it was 500 miles.

Dorian
    My tech/links page: <a target="_blank" href=http://www.dorianyeager.com/index2.html>www.dorianyeager.com/index2.html</a>
    Why insist on counting when the ring gear has the tooth counts stamped in?

3. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

Really? that sucks. I think I'll call the shop tomorrow and see what they say. it was back in the shop a week or two ago, and they had the TC out. I guess they changed some of the fluid then, or did they have to do all of it? Thanks

90K5

4. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

TC out, should have taken a lot of fluid out, I know I would have, just to keep from making a huge mess...tranny lines would have to have been disconnected, but I guess you wouldn't *have* to drop the pan to take the TC off. Best idea is to ask them, no loss to them, especially if you are the one replacing the fluid.

Dorian
    My tech/links page: <a target="_blank" href=http://www.dorianyeager.com/index2.html>www.dorianyeager.com/index2.html</a>
    Why insist on counting when the ring gear has the tooth counts stamped in?

5. COOTER

COOTER Registered Member

YEA CHANGE IT.THE NEW PARTS ARE WORN IN AND THERE IS PROBALY A LOT OF JUNK YOU DONT WANT TO GO BACK THROUGH.PUT A DRAIN PLUG IN WHILE YOU GOT THE PAN OFF,AND MAKE SHURE YOU HAVE A EXTERNAL COOLER.