Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

tranny removal?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by tomseviltwin, Apr 15, 2004.

1. tomseviltwin

tomseviltwin 1/2 ton status

Do I need to remove stock exhaust to pull tranny or is there a trick?

2. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

When I had mine rebuilt, i didn't completely remove it, but I unbolted it from the manifolds and just lowered it down out of the way to make it easier.

3. Fubeca

Fubeca 1/2 ton status

I had to remove mine on the blazer to get the tranny out. Make sure you heat the nuts with a propane torch or something before you try to take them off the manifold studs or it really gets to be a pain in the butt!!

4. mccomas

mccomas 1/2 ton status

i had to cut my y-pipe out than sleeved it back on. there is no way that i would have got the tranny out with the stock y-pipe in place...

5. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    i had to cut my y-pipe out than sleeved it back on. there is no way that i would have got the tranny out with the stock y-pipe in place...

[/ QUOTE ]
    maybe thats a difference between a burb and blazer...all i had to do with my burb is just lower the stock y-pipe down to the ground and push it out of the way, no cutting what so ever. Maybe the length has something to do with it /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif