Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

tranny ????'s

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by TorkDSR, Nov 15, 2001.

1. TorkDSR

TorkDSR 1/2 ton status

tranny ????\'s

so heres the situation: i was just cruising along minding my own dammed business when all the sudden, nothing. the gass pedal did nothing (but the engine ran fine) so i figure "crap it popped in neutral" so i tried the transfer case....nothing. so i tried the trans.....nothing. so i get it home
    and drop the pan, and there seems to be LARGE chunks of metal in the the tranny fluid.

my question is how will i get a 700r4 to bolt up to an np205 that is currently on a th350. what is involved. shaggyk5 has the trans (what a trooper) so what's it gonna take?

Tork DSR
    "Easy killer. That's technology you talk of..."
    http://www.torkpig.homestead.com

2. mdm365

mdm365 1/2 ton status

Re: tranny ????\'s

I am working on the the insall of a 700r4 to a 205 now you have the one thing i did not the housing that bolts the th350 to the 205 that is the one thing you need to keep the thing is that the shaft in the 700r4 will work but!! the tail shaft is to short,ord has the tail shaft you need to install in to the 700r4 i got mine for 271.00. if i rember the stock tail shaft went in around 1 inch and the ord tailshaft went in one and a half.so you need to find a good trany man or if you know how that will work too

1977 k5-blazer 4"softride 3.5 in rear dana 44,12 bolt rear,6 cyl,205 t-case,465 trans