Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

tranny screwed, need help!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 76K5, Jul 7, 2001.

1. 76K5

76K5 Registered Member

Last night I had pulled over to talked to a friend, I stopped, put the trans in Park, let my foot of the brake and the Blazer started to roll forward, then WHAM!, CLUNK,POW! Scared the crap out of me. Put it in gear and it took off fine. Put it in reverse made a funny noise, then engaged. So I put it back in drive and drove home. This morning I cranked it up and the thing wouldn't move in drive or reverse. So me and my buddies rocked the vehicle back in forth. Cranked it again and it went into to drive and drove fine, then when I put it in park it acted like it was in neutral. Then I drove it in low on some dirt and it did fine. Then I put it in high and took off, Then while at 5mph it slammed into park, WTF. What the hell is going on here? The tranny is a TH350 with a 203 T-case. Has anyone had similar problems?

If in doubt, gun it.

2. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

Check the linkage where the rod comes down from the streering column and connects to the rod going to the trans. The bolt might have come loose and the rod is slipping up and down and not letting the trans to engage properly. I had this problem on a truck and when I put it in park on a hill it started to roll forward making all sorts of noise because it was between park and reverse. Outside of that I don't know what would cause the problem.

<font color=blue>Wayne<font color=blue>

3. EDdaTREE

EDdaTREE 1/2 ton status

Only other deal I can think of is if the t-case is popping out of gear.

"The mud is lovely, dark and deep, but I have U-joints to change before I sleep"