Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Tranny shifting

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by TheGeneral, Jul 9, 2001.

1. TheGeneral

TheGeneral 1/2 ton status

Just put a TBI spacer and filter charger on this last weekend, and now she runs great, but the transmission (700) is shifting like it has a shift kit in it (a lot higher rpm shift point) Is there somekind of relation that the CPU would have figured out with the air/fuel changes, or did something get unplugged? Don't really mind the hard shifts, but don't want to be Fokin' in up either. Thanks for any help.

If you ain't hurt, you ain't playin' hard enough.

The General

2. 2Dogs

2Dogs 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I think you will need to adjust your TV cable. Do a search on TV - there are posted instructions within the last 2-3 weeks from our chevy wizzards.

Dave

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

3. 90blzr

90blzr 1/2 ton status

I had the same thing happen as did others on this site. What I was told and did was: There is a brass button on the tv cable tube. Its located on the backside of the bracket that holds the tv cable onto the intake manifold. Push that button in, probably with a flat head screwdriver cause its a little tight in between the valve cover and that tube that runs along the top of it. As you push that brass button in, slide the actually the plastic tube that the metal cable comes out of that hooks to the throttle linkage, back towards the firewall. Slide it all the way back towards the firewall. After you have pushed that back towards the firewall, release the button. Jump in the drivers seat and push the gas pedal to the floor as far as it will go, this will "ratchet" the that same plastic tube you pushed all the way in, back out to its proper adjustment. Thats it your done. It should shift just like it did before you installed it. This might not be totally clear, so if its not, pm me and I'll try to explain it better.