Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Tranny shot in the 89 dammit... How do you remove? easiest way?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by rocko, Jun 2, 2002.

1. rocko

rocko 1/2 ton status

Thanks Pamela (my wonderful wife)/forums/images/icons/smile.gif for towing me home with the Tahoe.. and saving me..
    Billy.. I'm going to try and yank the tranny out tomorrow if i have problems.. can you possibly come over and assist me? what are some pointers for removing the tranny?
    And the key to not dropping a tranny or t-case on my chest !!!
    /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

2. BILLY RAY

BILLY RAY 1/2 ton status

Dude pull the t-case off first then the trans. You need to come over and get the trans. jack from me. I will let my wife know so call me when you are coming.

3. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

Dude pull the t-case off first then the trans. You need to come over and get the trans. jack from me. I will let my wife know so call me when you are coming.

<hr></blockquote> What the???? Someone has hijacked BILLY RAY'S computer! We all know that he can't type in mixed case! /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif Have aliens taken over his body? Has the real BILLY RAY been abducted? Did someone else steal his CK5 password? Call the CIA! The FBI! Perhaps terrorists are holding him hostage while they use his computer for their evil deeds! /forums/images/icons/wink.gif /forums/images/icons/wink.gif /forums/images/icons/wink.gif /forums/images/icons/wink.gif /forums/images/icons/wink.gif /forums/images/icons/wink.gif /forums/images/icons/wink.gif /forums/images/icons/wink.gif /forums/images/icons/wink.gif /forums/images/icons/wink.gif /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

4. BILLY RAY

BILLY RAY 1/2 ton status

That's wrong very very wrong.
    But it sure is funny as hell!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. AGM73k5

AGM73k5 1/2 ton status

if you have a tranny jack then thats a good start. I've used a tranny jack and a cherry picker - I preffer the tranny jack. You may want to strap the tranny to the tranny jack to keep it steady. If you use a picker be careful not to crush the floor of your cab. You might drain the tranny and the tcase before you drop them, saves on the mess.

-Aaron

6. Kyle89K5

Kyle89K5 1/2 ton status

Rocko, the t-case is LIGHT!!! I held it up in place with one hand while I started the bolts. Don't worry about the case. I also found it easier to just go ahead and remove ALL of the exhaust that I could (which as all of it /forums/images/icons/smile.gif ) A regular floor jack works great, just put it inline with the truck and when you get the tranny up a little, slide it all straight back, doesn't hurt as bad that way. If you feel like making a little drive, I've got a guy here in Tulsa that will build you a SMOKIN 700R.

Good luck, I just did mine about 2 months ago.

BTW, get a flywheel tool, it is honestly the BEST tool ever invented and makes life MUCH easier.

7. Mudstud

Mudstud 1/2 ton status

I've got a cracked flex plate so I'll be doing this soon too. I just posted simular questions last week so do a search for what tips I got. Good luck

8. BILLY RAY

BILLY RAY 1/2 ton status

Hey man are you having fun yet? I know you are outside right now pulling it out. I hope you did not have a hard time. I will see ya on Tues. when you drop it off to me. Maybe I will be able to help you stab it back in.