Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

TRANNY STRUT BARS

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by jackedjimmy, Aug 15, 2002.

1. jackedjimmy

jackedjimmy 1/2 ton status

Hi!...it's been awhile since I posted.

Anyway, I have a little dilema on my hands. I got a new (rebult) th350 trans that has a 2-wheel drive case with a 4x4 output shaft on it. Now I know that the cases are supposed to be the exact same but I cant bolt my inspection cover from a 4x4 original trand to the new case. The bottom of the bellhousing must be different and I don't have the original to compare it to.

The cover has a place to mount two srtuts that go up to the engine and mount behind the engine mounts like alot of you know, but this no longer works. I kinda' want to have these struts because i've got a high torque motor and am wondering if i should just skip them or tap new holes into the tranny and coverplate to bolt it on.

I had the same problem when puting a new trans in my 89' P/U. I just left them off and got a 2wheel drive cover.

Did any of the 2wd 3/4 or 1 ton pickups/ blazers/ whatever have these struts? maybe for a big block to a th350?

Sorry about the length.
    Any and all help is apreciated.

2. jackedjimmy

3. jackedjimmy

ttt again

4. jackedjimmy

ttt again... Need Help...Strust or no struts?
    Any other ideas?

5. outlaw612

outlaw612 1/2 ton status

My truck doesnt have them. Someone has taken them off. Ive had no problems without them. Id like to put some on just because they should be there, but I dont have them. /forums/images/icons/frown.gif