Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Tranny stuck in gear?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Poohbair, Apr 1, 2003.

1. Poohbair

Poohbair 1/2 ton status

I just called about a Sami in the paper for sale locally and am going to go look at it tomarrow... he says it is "stuck in gear". He doesn't remember which gear because his cousin was driving it at the time. Has 80K miles on it, and I am just wondering if anyone has any ideas, etc... as to what may be wrong to cause this? Bad tranny? Bad clutch? Or something as simple as a bent shifter or something? What would a worse case scenerio be... a new tranny?
    I realize it is not a Chev question...but there are some really smart people on here that give great advise /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif and the Other Rides forum doesn't get too much attention /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif
    Thanks

2. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

it should be a easy fix unless they ran it out of fluid /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif and then just put a tranny in from a wrecking yard /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. chulisohombre

chulisohombre 1/2 ton status

my 465 got stuck in third gear once and all i did was take out the shifter and use a long screwdriver and pry on it a while until it popped out.havent had a problem since.i dont know what happened to this day and its been 2 years.

4. Blaze

Blaze 1/2 ton status

My 79 Trans Am got stuck in second. I just pulled the shifter and had it rebuilt.

5. Poohbair

Poohbair 1/2 ton status

Well jeez, might make for a pretty cheap little back and forth to work rig...great MPG!