Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Tranny Swap Help?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by lifethroughdeath, Mar 17, 2004.

1. lifethroughdeath

lifethroughdeath 1/2 ton status

alright guys right now my trucks got a 700r4/np241 combo, and i've allways been a stick guy so im swapping it out in favor of an sm465, my question is i know that some trucks came with the sm465/np241 combo from the factory, but if i find one (sm465) that had say a 205, or 208 attached what would be involved in using my 241 from my current setup in their place? is it as simple as an adapter or??? help!!

any help would be great, thanks a lot Nate /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

2. scoutillac

scoutillac 1/2 ton status

Aren't the 208/241 bolt alignments the same? If thats the case you shouldn't have any problem, except for the pedal configuration.

3. lifethroughdeath

lifethroughdeath 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Aren't the 208/241 bolt alignments the same? If thats the case you shouldn't have any problem, except for the pedal configuration.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are they the same? That would make it a real simple swap then. Thanks Nate /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

4. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Your current 241 has a 27 spline input. You'll need a 81 or newer 465/208 combo which will have the 32 spline output and correct adaptor, and you'll need a 32 spline input gear for your 241 (they're dead easy to change).

Install new input gear, remove 208 from 465, install 241.

Obviously you'll need the pedal assembly, clutch master, slave, hydro bellhousing, clutch, PP and flywheel too. Depending on the year of your truck the firewall might already be dimpled for the hydro clutch parts.

Rene