Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

tranny/t-case options

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by big dan, Apr 24, 2007.

1. big dan

big dan 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Ive lost my ability to search but dont worry I will renew my subscription when I get my check this week.

after swapping in an sm465 in my last truck I really feel like my new automatic is lacking and am ready to swap in another one but have a few questions before I begin.

first of all when I did my other swap it was with an np205. my front driveshaft was really short and I had trouble with the angles the whole time I had it. I know that the np208s are longer but I heard that the adapter needed would make the combo the same length as far as front driveshafts go. is this true? or would using and np208 allow me to run a longer front shaft? if I have to run the same length shaft Ill just use my existing combo but would really like a longer front shaft.

my next question involves the availability of the sm465/np208 combo. I know they exist but how common are they? Seems like the only ones I can find come with a 10 spline output and np205 and if I remember correctly I need a 32 spline np208 and the matching tranny output shaft. was there ever a 27 spline sm465 output?

thanks