Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

tranny/t-case question?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by ironnut, Jan 24, 2005.

1. ironnut

ironnut Registered Member

I swapped out a np203 for a np205 a couple years ago behind my th350. Im having problems w/ the tranny fluid being pushed into the t-case then t-case overflowss and make mess. Ill go through 3 qts of tranny fluid per week through the t-case. I cannot remember if their was a seal I could replace between the two. If so is it as easy as unbolt the t-case and swap seals??? Thanks

2. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

IIRC there is a seal and a bearing in the adapter. not sure what side the seal is on though.

3. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

There should be a big rubber o-ring on the TH350 tail end unless the 205 and 203 adapters are different that way.

4. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

A 205 I had had a seal on each side. One held back tranny fluid and the other held back t-case oil.

5. Mav2u

Mav2u 1/2 ton status

is that the same with a 700R4 and a NP241? Can they swap or tranny fluid drain into the T-case? Sometimes I wonder about this since my T-case is always full and the tranny seems to be low a little every few months.

Not to mention the t-case drips out the rear seal no matter how many times I change that stupid seal. guess NP241 is a leaker!