Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

tranny t case questions?

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain Region' started by highlow, May 7, 2005.

1. highlow

highlow 1/2 ton status

I am trying to do some research on costs for a new tranny and t case. I would like to upgrade to a t 400 and a 205 if possible. Right now I am running a t 350 with a 230 t case. I was hoping you guys could point me to some good reputable shops or any other ideas.

2. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

Why get rid of what you have? I like our set up.

3. Scott39

Scott39 1/2 ton status

If you drive it on the road and wheel it hard, I would go with a 700r4 Art Car tranny with the 3.8 Atlas.

4. highlow

highlow 1/2 ton status

I don't drive it on the road it is trailered primarily. I was just trying to upgrade, really I guess I shouldn't upgrade but rather rebuild what I have, i have a complete back up set up of the same parts that needs to be gone through also. So really I guess the question is who does a fair job of rebuilding without gatting raped?

5. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

Nothing wrong with a well maintained/built th350 . You can get a 205 pretty easy here on CK5 if you like . Do not get rid of the 203 , it can be coupled to a 205 with a doubler kit for more gearing options :grin:

6. az88k5

az88k5 1/2 ton status

juan has a built 700r4 and freshly rebuilt np208 (and a nifty crossmember to mount it all up) for sale. The tranny was built by a shop in tempe and so was the case. the tranny has less than 25k on it and the transfer case has less than 10k on it. Check out my post in the for sale vehicle forum. Also he ran this aluminum case since 94' and never broke it (even wheeling really hard). You don't need cast iron t-cases to have a good trail rig.

Last edited: May 9, 2005