Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Tranny to Tsfr Case adapter. What am I missing?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by bigasschunk, Jan 14, 2003.

1. bigasschunk

bigasschunk Registered Member

This is kind of a newbie question, but to my defense most of my truck came in pieces, but it's obvious to me that I am missing something to adapt the NP203 to the TH400. TH400 has four bolts comming directly out the back with an about 2-3 inch spacer? Well the NP203 has some kind of much larger bolt pattern? What gives and what do I need to get my hands on to make this all mount up?
    /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif
    /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif
    Thanks,

Kevin

2. nvrenuf

nvrenuf NONE shall pass! Premium Member

Are you sure it's a TH400? They have a 6 bolt octagon shaped pattern on the tail, a TH350 and TH700 both have a 4 bolt sqare pattern.

3. MJF

MJF 1/2 ton status

I agree with nverenuf. The 4 bolt holes is what the 350 has. Ifyuo do happen to have a 350, I have a 350/203 adapter at the house. I can take a pic of it for you or if you need it, I'll give it to you.

PM me if you need a pic or the part in case i don't check this thread.

4. u2slow

u2slow 1/2 ton status

The TH400/203 adapter will have 6 holes on the tranny side. This is pic of the TH350/203:
    [​IMG]

5. 4X4HIGH

4X4HIGH 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Hey Mike, if Kevin doesn't need or take you up on the adapter I could use it. I am gathering parts for my future doubler set-up. Let me know, thanks Scott