Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

tranny / transfer case

Discussion in 'Parts & Trucks Wanted' started by clarkekent, Mar 6, 2002.

1. clarkekent

clarkekent Registered Member

The tranny and transfer case are cracked on my 72 so I'm open to ideas. Plarts should be located somewhat close to NYC. Let me know what you got and how much.
    Thanks

2. arq

arq 1/2 ton status

you running auto or manual, if auto you can use any 2wd tranny and change the output shaft, use the one form your 4wd.
    as for the np205(i asume that's what ya have), you can get a 10spline Xcase and change the input shaft. the 10spline are not very desirable and a lot cheaper.
    if your Xcase ADAPTER is from a th350/np205 and broken, get in line. i am also looking for one/forums/images/icons/smile.gif.

ARQ.

3. clarkekent

clarkekent Registered Member

I had an 350/205 setup but am open to new ideas like 400/208, possible manual. I need to get this truck back on the road ASAP.

4. hotstuff

hotstuff 1/2 ton status

located about 6hrs from you is a rebuilt t-350 with transfercase(fixed rear yoke) the tranny has 4000 miles since professionally done if you wanted to check it out take a drive down, drive it then I'll help you remove it. takes about 2hrs to remove. $950 for both,let me know or take whole blazer with 6000 miles on rebuilt motor (350) runs great but carb needs to be cleaned.$1500 for all
    hotstuff

5. burbBoy

burbBoy 1/2 ton status

i have a TH400 and NP208 for sale.....I removed them from my suburban to go with a 4 speed manual....they both are in good shape...ill include the crossmember and maybe front shaft as well. E-Mail me if you are interested.

Brian
    82 BURB 38.5's, 10/14 bolts, 6" lift, SM465/NP205

6. arq

arq 1/2 ton status

1huge1ton, has one on the forsale section. check it out. it's a darn good price for it too. too bad i am too far away.

ARQ.