Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

tranny trouble

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Bross82, Feb 11, 2002.

1. Bross82

Bross82 1/2 ton status

hi, i have an 85 k5 blazer with a 700r4. i will be driving with the gas pedal down to maintain my speed or accelerate (but not stomping on the pedal) and it randomly makes an air compressor like noise and then a thunk... and it looses power for a sec.. out of just reacting to it, i let off on the gas.. so i havent checked what happens if i held the pedal down when it does this.. but i push on the gas peddle and it feels like its stiff for a sec and then i push again and its fine....and it will start driving again...any help will be great...

i was planning on replacing my body mounts and doing a body lift this summer and getting my driverside rocker/floor fixed within a few weeks... but if my trannies goin i'll have to do this instead...

if it is goin i planned on eventually swapping this tranny out to a better one. which is the best tranny that i should get and if i need a new transfer case which would i need? (i have an np 208) and also any other parts i might need... and if it would be more worthwhile to go for this swap than possibly pay a huge rebuilt cost.... either way i have a fairly limited budget... thanks again

also sometimes the tranny will shift in and out of park to other gears kinda rough, and sometimes make my truck jump forward slightly... but others times it will shift in smooth and i'll barely notice it changed gears.... and i dont know how warm the transmission pan is supposed to get, but it felt pretty warm about 5-6 miles into a 9-10 mile trip home...

85 k5 blazer, 305 (130000mi) w/ edelbrock carb, full dual exhaust, 33'' tires, 4'' superlift springs, rs5000 shocks, k&n filtercharger