Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

tranny trouble

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by hd-10, Feb 19, 2004.

1. hd-10

hd-10 1/2 ton status

hello: i have got a problem with my tranny, i had a 700r4 and i went with a th350 that is converted from a 700r4. i have got it almost on and come to find out the fly wheel is hitting the left side. my truck is a 91 k5 and i need to know if there is a deffernet fly wheel that i need to use and if so if you got a part #. thanks for the help.

2. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

The flexplate ( flywheel is for manual trans ) depends on the starter you have. Usually it is either 153 or 168 tooth, could be a little different as your motor has a one piece rear seal. All have different diameters , all would still fit fine. I dont understand how you are hitting if it is in straight. If yours isn't bent and converter is in proper and nothing is in the way it should slide on to the dowel pins and you could bolt it up. Try to reallign it again. /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif