Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Tranny woes and No start???

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Bluekrow, Apr 15, 2006.

1. Bluekrow

Bluekrow Registered Member

I have a 95 GMC S15 Jimmy that I replaced the tranny a year ago but when I did it I didn't get the electrical connector all the way in the socket(4L60) and it didn't shift right after it wiggled loose around four months after I changed the tranny, So I re plugged it and now it won't shift by itself. Did I smoke the servos or something?? I'm also having trouble getting it started! I sometime have to spray gas in the intake(Vortec V6) to get it going but when its warm it most of the times starts right up. I was told it needs a new fuel pump but once its started it run fine at all RPMs.

2. reptilianman

reptilianman Registered Member

When that plug lost connection it probbably stored several trouble codes in the computer some of which can effected the way the engine runs and the trans works maybee try clearing the computer will help.

3. Bluekrow

Bluekrow Registered Member

Other than removing the battery how do you rest the computer?? Thanks

4. reptilianman

reptilianman Registered Member

Well if its what is called (obd1) you can simply disconect the battery for a while if its (obdII) you will have to get a scanner to clear the computer.
    In mid 95 GM changed there on board diagnostics so your truck could be either one.if you look at the aldl connector under the dash you can tell which system you have.
    obd1 will have a rectangular connector with square corners with 2 rows of pins the same legnth
    obII will have rounded corners ,2 rows of pins but the bottom row will be slightly shorter than the top row