Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

tranny

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by CarsonRoen, Apr 24, 2000.

1. CarsonRoen

CarsonRoen Registered Member

help!!! my transmission will not engage. i think it is because it doesn't have any fluid, is that possible? also i was told to add Dexron II, is that the same as Dexron II or what? if someone could please help me, i would be very thankful.

2. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

First of all, why doesn't your tranny have fluid in it? Have you checked? Or are you guessing? And how long has it been without it? If you've been driving without fluid, you may as well tow it to a tranny shop and get them to put a new one in. Dexron III is the updated version of Dexron II. We'll need more info too: Year, motor, tranny, transfer case, etc....

3. BillR

BillR 1/2 ton status

No fluid WILL do just that. Dextron is the same with a 2 or a 3 after it. It sounds like you have another problem if you have no fluid, though...

Blazin' in Flagstaff

4. Whii338

Whii338 Registered Member

got any more info?year,engine, tranny type etc.? First check your fluid..in park with the engine running and warm then post the vital stats of your truck..lotta people here can help maybe not me but somone can.

5. 6.2 man

6.2 man 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Did you check the tranny fluid ? it sounds like it's leaking and you need to keep it filled . Use dexron II in it by the way I live about a 120 miles south of you .