Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

trans case oil change?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by kustom71, Dec 23, 2003.

1. kustom71

kustom71 1/2 ton status

Hey anybody know off hand what bolt i should take out to get the transfer case to drain its a 203.When i look at it theres no drain just a pipe plug that i guess is the oil fill hole?Should i pull out any bolt that is at the bottom of the case or is there a certain bolt on some part of the case that should be pulled out?When i pulled the trans apart from the transfer case fluid came out the bottom hole where the adapter was bolted to it but now that its back in the truck other holes look lower than that one.maybe a bolt on the rear output shaft of the case or should i pull out one nearest the chain part of the tansfer case???Any help is appreciated!
    Thanx

2. SUBFAN

SUBFAN 1/2 ton status

Been awhile....I think there is a rear cover, remove one of the lower bolts, and it will drain outta there....

3. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

Yep, exactly what he said, pull the lowest bolt on the backside panel and it will drain /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. kustom71

kustom71 1/2 ton status

thanx thats what i thought when i looked at it the lowest bolt is on the backside cover.
    Thanx again /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif