Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Trans Flush

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Skroo, Oct 27, 2002.

1. Skroo

Skroo 1/2 ton status

Is there a way to flush the trans out completly without spending 70 bucks at a oil change place. I flooded it out last week but since a filter change won't change all the fluid I still have water in it.

2. 88k5blaza

88k5blaza Registered Member

disconect the trans line that goes to the cooler and fire up the truck in park have soemone watch to see when the fluid stops pumping out and this will completly drain the system in about 2 mins then if you need to flush it with karoseen and refill with fluid. /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

3. Kamots

Kamots Registered Member

Seems you have to decide whether to spend the money on a flush, or buy alot of ATF an keep dropping the pan an changing it. I would think 4 or 5 drops of running the ATF thru would do it. But i would also check your local parts house an get an additive for the fluid. You might also do a search on a flush kit, i dont know of one but yea never know these days.
    Oh btw if you're going to go the route of dropping the pan that much an drain plug would make sense. Just my thoughts....
    Kamots

4. woody9

woody9 1/2 ton status

everything you always wanted to know on tranny care & feeding: #1 Son Sub Page /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif