Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Trans Leak

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 90gmcburb, Feb 24, 2005.

1. 90gmcburb

90gmcburb Registered Member

Well I came out of work last night and saw a puddle of fluid under the truck. When I got home I looked under the truck and saw that the fluid is comming from the converter cover. What could the leak be comming from? I was thinking the front pump seal. Also what trans/xfer case combo do I have on a 90 Burban? Thanks in advance.

2. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

what shape is your tranny pan? if its a square its a 700r4, if its a square w/ a corner cut off its a th350, and if it looks vaguely like illinois, its a th400. Im not sure on your t-case, its either a np208 or an np241. It probably is the front pump seal, but be sure it isnt the cooler lines, where they go in the tranny leakin, and then runnin down. Also be sure thats tranny fluid leakin out of the cover, and not oil(rear main seal).

3. 90gmcburb

90gmcburb Registered Member

The pan is square so it must be the 700r4, and the fluid is red and smells like trans fluid. I will have to check the lines tonight. Is it easy to pull the convertor cover off to look at the pump seal? Thanks