Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Trans oil

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by no1uknow, Nov 18, 2004.

1. no1uknow

no1uknow 1/2 ton status

I just had my trans oil changed maybe 500 miles ago if even. I didn't change it all I guess just what was in the pan or whatever today I checked it and it looks brown like motor oil I know it mixed with the old stuff but is supposed to be that color? By the way I put royal purple in synthetic and I think the rest of it wasn't synthic does that matter?

2. no1uknow

no1uknow 1/2 ton status

any tranny dudes out there /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif?

3. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Doesn't matter that you mix fluids, they are all basically the same.

If it's brown, it's burnt. It probably got hot in its time. That might be a sign that your tranny may go out soon. A good auxilary cooler goes a long way to keeping your fluid nice and red.

I'd suggest putting a drain plug in your tranny and draining it 2-3 times, to ensure you can replace as much fluid as possible.

4. no1uknow

no1uknow 1/2 ton status

I forgot to mention when I drive off slowly and the second gear goes in it goes in hard feels like someone rearended me it got alittle better with the oil change and I can feel the other gears hit also but not as much but when I nail it it doesn't hit hard is that a shift kit? or is my tranny giving in? it runs good though.