Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

trans pan temp guage sending unit brainstorm

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by big d, Aug 5, 2002.

1. big d

big d 1/2 ton status

hey guys/girls, ive seen alot of posts about trans pan sending unit mounting and options. as of right now in my area, i have not found the right fittings to run it in line with the tranny cooler lines. i seen a posting alittle while back where a ck5'r welded a steel tank flange on his tranny pan and ran the sending unit through that. that got me to thinking. i ordered from jc whitney a tranny temp guage and the corresponding sending unit. upon arrival i took a good look at the sending unit and the size /diameter of the unit and thread. as of lately i installed a b&m tranny pan drain plug into my stock unit. guess what, this unit requires no welding. guess what else, i bought another and the sending unit screwed right into the drain plug. now, i did have my difficulties, the tip of the sending unit is real cheap and i broke it off, and trying to back the unit back out of the drain plug bolt the sending unit stripped out and ill have to fight it some more. ill have to order another sending unit(if i dont find one local of better quality) but never the less, this idea should work. /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif hope this helps others and maybe saves some trannys. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif