Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Trans problem>>>>>(th350)

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by bbck5on37s, Jan 14, 2007.

1. bbck5on37s

bbck5on37s 1/2 ton status

I have an 82 K5 w/ about 7" of lift and some 37" IROK's.
    it was running like crap so i put on a new carb.... it wasent shifting right so i looked and found the tv cable has came disconnected from the carb....I put it back on and it shifted better but it shifted at arond 3000 rpm.. i was playin around in the snow today and it started acting funny again....when is shifts into second gear it acts as there has been a big load put (like your towing up a big hill) on it and it slows way down.....i checked the trans fluid and it seems ok....I cant figure it out and i want to get it fixed so i can hit the trails......:confused: :doah: :mad: bbck5on37s@yahoo.com

Last edited: Jan 14, 2007
  2. sunnyc123abc

sunnyc123abc 1/2 ton status

Vacuum line maybe:dunno:

3. bbck5on37s

bbck5on37s 1/2 ton status

4. CB77GMC

CB77GMC 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Sounds to me like a vacuum modulator gone bad if it is a th350. TV cables I have only seen on 700r4. If TV cable was not hooked up = not good. :confused:

5. adamforsythe

adamforsythe 1/2 ton status

I don't think your TV cable has anything to do with it. unless it's tooo tight. But I think it would just stay in second.:dunno: MABY I'm running my Th350 with the TC cable unhooked it's fine I just have to downshift by hand.

6. big dan

big dan 1/2 ton status Premium Member

th350s dont have a tv cable. the thing you are refering to is the kickdown cable that causes the tranny to down shift when there is a load on the motor such as pulling a steep hill and you have to give it more than say half throttle depending on how the cable is adjusted. my vote goes for the vaccum modulator. its what controls the shifting on th350s and th400s.

7. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Vacuum modulator controls shift firmness (and can change shift RPM slightly based on vacuum) the governor handles shift points.