Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Trans questions (shift linkage)

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by CustomChevy, Nov 19, 2005.

1. CustomChevy

CustomChevy 1/2 ton status

So as anyone whom has ever read my posts here know, i'm slightly noobish with these things (drivetrain).

So the other day I was mussin, and broke the shift linkage to my TH350. Its currently in my driveway stuck in drive (thank god it was drive, so i could get out of the hole and home). When I''m faced with now is trying to manually shift it to park or neutral. I've never attempted this before and was wondering if anyone could give me some guidance or advice on what to look for and what to do with it. (pics would help alot).

thanks brothers.

2. dave_90_blazer

dave_90_blazer 1/2 ton status

I'll get a pic for you soon, if no one else does, however, it is on the drivers side of the trans, there is a small shaft coming out with a nut on it, and some type of lever(stock is a wierd u-shaped mthing with 2 slots, this needs to be twisted, clockwise I think, to go to park from drive, if you are in drive, you will feel it click 3 times(NRP), with the last one(P) being hardest

3. CustomChevy

CustomChevy 1/2 ton status

Thanks, i'll give that a shot.

and if you could get a pic that would rock.