Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Trans rebuild advice?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by mouse, Apr 17, 2006.

1. mouse

mouse 1/2 ton status

Nov 10, 2003
    I will start shopping tomorrow for a local shop to rebuild one of my TH350's to go into the blazer. I am doing this because there is a possibility that the trans may have caused the thrust bearing to destroy the crank (see other thread for the whole story).

Anyways, the one in the truck drove fine, and my spare drove fine in the truck it came out of. Both have 203's but other than a little slop, they are both good too. Besides rebuilding the trans, is there any thing else I should request? Special clutch packs, torque converter, etc.?

Are there any rebuild brand parts to avoid?

I already have a big cooler, and plan on buying new rubber mounts. I am running 37 inch tires, and 4.88's. Mild 350 TBI for engine.
  2. blazinzuk

blazinzuk Buzzbox voodoo Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Dec 20, 2002
    Just do a stock rebuild doesn't sound like you need much more than that. If you already have a cooler than just get a deep pan. Also most poeple will put a mild shift kit in. It helps the trans last a little longer.