Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

trans shifting weird/speedo/abs probs

Discussion in '1992-Present Chevy & GMC models' started by Cajun4x4, Nov 17, 2006.

1. Cajun4x4

Cajun4x4 1/2 ton status

ok so the last couple weeks my abs would act up in the mornings when it was cold, i thought im swappin my $hit soon so fvck it... well yesterday mornin my truck wouldnt shiftout of first and the speedo wasnt working at all and the abs light was on. i could manuel shift it and it would do better but some times it would drop a gear and the speedo was bouncing all around. i thought it must be my POS W4M, but i swapped my stock comp in this morning and disconnected the battery etc and its doin the same damn thing, but once the truck warms up or later in the day it works fine like nothing ever happened. could it be my VSS or something acting up?

2. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

Sounds most likely like a bad VSS. Check the wiring and all, make sure its not broken or burnt. I believe 4 wheel ABS uses the VSS for the rear wheel input on Chevys. Have it scanned by someone who can read an ABS code(not sure autozone can do that with their cheap scanner).

3. Cajun4x4

Cajun4x4 1/2 ton status

sounds like a plan

new development though... the truck straight died on me just now, saw the check gauges light come on as well as the battery light and i was like hmm... noticed the truck slowing down, hit the gas and no sound or accel then ohh **** no power steering,so i pull over and start the truck again and it runs completely fine, that was 1 mile into a 4-5 mile round trip:confused:

4. Confedneck79K30

Confedneck79K30 3/4 ton status

loose ground??