Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

trans temp?'s

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by TorkDSR, Jan 18, 2002.

1. TorkDSR

TorkDSR 1/2 ton status

trans temp?\'s

i just mounted up the new autogauge phantom trans temp gauge (looks sweet as hell[​IMG]) and i put the temp sender into the diagnostic port just above the shifter linkage on the 700.
    two questions:
    1<font color=blue> is this an ok place to put the sending unit</font color=blue>
    2<font color=red> what temp should a 700 stay around</font color=red>
    thanks [​IMG]

beligerence doesn't justify intelligence.
    <font color=blue>wheelers hate posers.</font color=blue>
    <font color=red>79k15/400/700r4/205/38.5</font color=red>

2. Leadfoot

Leadfoot 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Re: trans temp?\'s

1.) That is the same place I installed my temp sender on the 700.
    2.) When warm, my temps. usually run about 155-175, but that is with a B&amp;M stacked plate cooler and direct drive fan constantly pulling cool air through it and the radiator. At the end of a pull though I have seen them close to 210, so I just put it in park and let the fan and coolers do their work.

See my rig at <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/Leadfoot> click here </a>

3. TorkDSR

TorkDSR 1/2 ton status

i couldnt get it hotter than 160 last nigh so i gues im doing allright thanks

beligerence doesn't justify intelligence.
    <font color=blue>wheelers hate posers.</font color=blue>
    <font color=red>79k15/400/700r4/205/38.5</font color=red>

4. Espen88k5

Espen88k5 1/2 ton status

I installed mine in a treaded hole I made in the pan. That is the way the instructions that came with the gauge said to put it. I have seen it bottom out (210+) while climbing a looooooooong steep 35% mountain road for 15 minuts with 3.08 gearing and 35 Mud/T's. I changed the oil that same night. The tranny never slipped and is still alive now 6 months later, so it's really no big deal. Remember I have my sensor in the pan, that gives you the best idea of how it's running.

<font color=red><a target="_blank" href=http://www.espen88k5.alloffroad.com>www.espen88k5.alloffroad.com</a></font color=red>

5. Itali83

Itali83 1/2 ton status

I run my autometer sport comp guage in the line coming OUT of the tranny, It usually takes about 30 mins for the oil to even reach the 140 mark, then when the converter locks back up, it'll go down, but when I do a lot of driving, it'll stay around 150-160 in town. thats the oil coming out of the tranny, so the oil in the pan is cooler than that, I also have a perma-cool tube/fin type cooler. Hottest I've had my tranny is 200 going up a long hill, 31" with 3.42's.
    Ben 87 Jimmy
    <font color=blue>Rust=Bad</font color=blue>
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.bens87toy.alloffroad.com>www.bens87toy.alloffroad.com</a>