Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Trans to T-case seals??

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by kpanza, Oct 29, 2002.

1. kpanza

kpanza 1/2 ton status

Hey guys,

I have had a very leaky NP208 T-case lately and after this last off road trip, it is even worse. I noticed that the majority of the fluid seems to be coming from the adapter housing area between trans/t-case. Aren't there two seals on each side of the adapter (one for trans output shaft and one for t-case input shaft area)? There isn't supposed to be ANY fluid inside the adapter, right? How hard are these seals to replace? I am getting ready to drop the trans pan anyways, since I got a deep B&M pan, so loss of fluid to do this is no big deal. I may also have the t-case resealed while it's all apart, since it has been leaking for a while too...

Reason I am pretty sure that it's leaking into the adapter is that when I checked my trans fluid level last night, it was almost two quarts low! No wonder it was shifting so crappy on my way home last weekend! /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

2. RATAH

RATAH 1/2 ton status

I also had that problem with a 208
    i coulnt find the seals anywhere local
    so i used RTV sealant and it worked great

3. kpanza

kpanza 1/2 ton status

Thanks Ron for the response, i was afraid I would have to resort to the ol' RTV! ha,ha /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif I'll check around and see...anyone else have any input?

4. Chaz88K5

Chaz88K5 1/2 ton status

ah i know what your problem is...you have that pesky 208 in there...melt that thing down and use it as a paper weight and drop a doubler in there /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif