Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

trans/transfer

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by motorheadnelson, Aug 12, 2001.

1. motorheadnelson

motorheadnelson Registered Member

What's a good trans/ transfer for a big block swap? Truck in mind is a 73, building a 500+ ft/lb motor, prefer later model OD. Crossmember/driveshaft fab OK if needed...I'm new here, but chevyfumes is my weekend 'play trucks' bud (as his wife says). Have 4:10's, 35's, locker...Converter suggestions?

2. 502Burban

502Burban 1/2 ton status

If you prefer later model OD, and will be twisting with 500+ lbs of torque, you probably will want to run a 4L80E. They aren't cheap, but they will be up to the task. Jet Performance makes some nice ones, as does TCI and others. You will also need a computer to control it.

Robb
    '73 GMC Suburban - 502DFI
    <a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/user/robbrj>community.webshots.com/user/robbrj</a>

3. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Yeah, I agree. Use the 4L80E for your automatic choice and use the NV4500 for your manual choice.

I would use either the NP205 t-case or the Atlas II, which has 2 options of low range.

<font color=blue>Daddy told me while learning to pee......"if you shake it more than twice, then you are playing with it!!!"</font color=blue>